Working for PIMO
PIMO regularly hires attendants.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and are highly flexible.
You are compassionate, patient, respectful and discreet.
You are responsible, cheerful and attentive.
You are in good physical shape.
Key Attendant Responsibilities
- Provide attendant services to individuals outside their homes (necessary outings, medical visits and recreational/social activities).
- Assist, support maintain, facilitate and assist people in performing their activities.
- Help people get around and communicate, as well as provide support for people with loss of memory or disorientation, etc.
- When necessary, do things for people who can’t do them themselves.
No experience required, but strong interest in working with people with disabilities and/or reduced autonomy. Must also:
- Have a high school diploma.
- Complete the employer’s training program.
- Have a certificate of good conduct (from your local police station, with fees reimbursed by PIMO if you are hired).
- Speak and write French well.
- Experience providing For Comprehensive Attendant Services to the disabled.
- Knowledge of challenges experienced by the disabled.
We asked our attendants what they feel are the necessary qualities for their job. This is what they said:
- Sense of initiative
- Development of effective communication strategies
- Observational awareness
- Respect for personal limits while encouraging autonomy
If you are interested in working as an attendant, please contact Marie-Josée Deit, PIMO’s Director and Attendant services Service Coordinator. She will advise you if any positions are open.[U8]
Thanks for your interest!